System Wide Changes Version 7
It’s extremely likely that the default settings of BlueNote Communicator aren’t all appropriate for your practice, and that you’ll want to change many of them as soon as you’ve figured out how the software works and what it can do for you.
- Click Menu and then select Preferences and then Options
Select the Advanced tab and then click the orange System Wide Changes button
Since any BlueNote client can make changes we are confirming the user understands that these changes will affect all computers.
If you are wanting to add, change or delete Lights, then select Lights Panels. Each Light Panel can have up to 30 Lights for a total capacity of 120 Lights per system. Click on the Light you want to add, change or delete.
- Add or edit the Light text, select a tone and choose a color for the light. You can see what the Light will look like as you're programming it at the top of that Light's editor.
- You can choose the type of Light you wish to program:
- Normal - Recommended setting - the light will activate the tone and popup a single time.
- High Alert - will re-alert every minute.
- Urgent - the light will re-alert every 15 seconds.
- Adjacent to the Light name you'll also see a toggle:
- • Immediate means that the Light will activate with a single click.
- • Prompt adds a Colon to the end of the Light text. A Prompt Light will no longer immediately post; instead it will bring up the Light’s action window so that additional information may be added. You can use the copy button to save time selecting tones and colors on the next light. If you no longer want this Light, then click Delete.'
- Tone and Color
- Choose an optional Tone and a Color with the black drop-down arrows beside each of these options.
- You can "stack" BlueNotes within any Light. If you have BlueNote tabs programmed and you want this Light to display up to four BlueNote sub-menus, select those tabs by highlighting the name of the BlueNote tab in Green. The example below displays only the unselected default "Exam Rooms" BlueNote tab (or panel). The white box under "Light" is where you'll change the Light Name.
- Save your changes, or as we call it, Publish. When you are done making changes you need to send these changes to all of the other BlueNote clients. To do this, select the Publish tab and then choose Publish.
Tip: If you want to keep all BlueNote clients updated with any changes you may make, turn on Automatic Publish at the top of the publish screen. If this option is selected then this client will need to be online any time changes are published. You will only need to set one client for Automatic Publish.